The community association management industry is facing a serious drought: qualified community management professionals simply cannot be found. They are overworked and underpaid and yet still somehow cost management companies a small fortune whenever a new hire does come on board. But there is a solution. This series will cover the roles a virtual assistant can easily and affordably take on to help your staff take back their workday! This article will talk about why a HireSmart Virtual HOA Management Assistant could be the best choice for your management company.
Community Association Managers Are More Than Human Fire Extinguishers
Community Association Managers (CAMs) are the face of your management company. For many boards of directors and community members, the manager is the sole representative of your management company that they see day in and day out. And that’s why the burden on your community association managers is so high.
As the primary representative of the management company, all duties, and deliverables for the communities they manage are funneled through them, from accounting issues to violations, to maintenance coordination, to coordinating multi-million capital improvement projects. Even for the items they can delegate, there is still a LOT on CAM’s plate:
- When things go wrong, the CAM is the first to get the call (or the email), and they are forever dealing with fires that need to be put out.
- With a portfolio of communities, CAMs are frequently interrupted, which means that they lose time playing catch-up.
- Their to-do list is constantly shifting as priorities change. It’s difficult to be proactive when they are always reacting to events in real-time.
- Every email or phone call is an action item needing to be handled. Nothing can be ignored.
It’s no wonder that managers get burned out!
A New Way to Expand Your Association Manager’s Capacity: Virtual HOA Management Assistants
Alleviating the burden on your community association managers isn’t as simple as just hiring more managers. Even if you can find and hire new people to manage a portfolio of communities, it takes time and effort you don’t really have to train them and get them up to speed with all of the issues facing the community associations they will be managing.
Instead of hiring new managers, consider adding HireSmart Virtual HOA Management Assistants to expand the capacity of your existing management team. Keep your existing management team as ‘executive managers’ with boots on the ground in your community, while your team of virtual employees assists them remotely.
How a Virtual HOA Management Assistant Can Support Your Management Team
Remote management assistants can take some of the burdens from your community association manager’s shoulders and help them put out fires before they become a raging inferno.
Your virtual management assistant can take on your manager’s bulging inbox to help identify and handle or delegate tasks as needed, such as:
- Redirecting tasks to the correct departments (such as redirecting accounting requests to the accounting department or community portal)
- Triaging maintenance issues and logging maintenance jobs to be done
- Managing visitor and amenity access
- Managing document requests
- Scheduling service provider visits and meeting requests
- Managing inventory and ordering stock for amenities
With a HireSmart Virtual HOA Management Assistant, you can expand the capacity of your existing community management team and your community association managers can take back their workday to better represent your management company.
Let HireSmart Help You Hire Smart
Help your managers stop fiddling with the small things and focus on the big picture stuff that their community really needs. HireSmart Virtual Employees is here to help. Book your 30-min discovery call today to start the process of getting paired with your new HOA Management Assistant.